Hermetic Library Newsletter #97
because it’s just … wow!
This morning I released Magick, Music and Ritual 17 and there’s so much involved in releasing another album! I’ve been busy all week, and still have things to do around this event, and I keep finding things I’ve forgotten to do. It’s a big bright spot in my year. I’m really excited for everyone to get to hear this now, and not just me listening to it (and last week’s TINAHLAA-4) over and over to be sure it’s just right!
I also generated image for Glasya-Labolas from Goetia and Prince of Wands from Thoth Tarot. There was some noise I made about the number of followers I had in the ‘verse. And there’s an image from NASA’s Artemis 1 Orion, because it’s just … wow!
Plus, almanac, propaganda, a meme in here somewhere, calendar, zine, updates, quotes, reviews, and more!
And, as always, I worked on various other things on website, blog, and more … Enjoy!
Magick, Music and Ritual 17 released!
Magick, Music and Ritual 17, the anthology album release for 2022 from the Anthology Project, is being released for anniversary of the December 3, 1996 birthday of the Hermetic Library, with a playlist of 11 tracks by 11 artists, new and returning voices, for this Hermetic Library Anthology Album.
Technically, tomorrow is the anniversary of the library’s birthday, but today is a Bandcamp Friday, so I figured I’d release it today. If you’re not getting a gratis download as a participant, Subscriber on Bandcamp, or Patron on Patreon, consider heading over and picking this issue up today … or, you know, the entire back catalog!?
In addition to releasing on Bandcamp, where you can listen to the whole thing now, whether you buy it or not, I’ve also added this album into general rotation over on MUSIC RADIO @ HRMTC. But, of course, the support is much appreciated if you’re a support getting this gratis or picking up the album at Bandcamp to add to your collection.
Followers in the ‘verse
Over on the main library account in the ‘verse, the follower account has passed 343 …
“But we have found the Super-food. We know a vehicle of which a few grains can house enough pure light to fill a man not only with nourishment, but with Energy almost superhuman, and parallel, Intelligence incredibly sun-bright for four-and twenty hours. That substance is theoretically easy, but practically hard to obtain.“—Liber CCCXLIII: AMRITA Some Comments on the Elixir of Life
… 367 …
Definitely don’t check out Liber CCCLXVII De Homunculo. It's not actually at the library ::sad trombone:: because, it's one of the “secret” books under seal of upper degrees, in this case OTO's IX°.
But, you can probably guess what it's about, yeah? If not it's easy enough to find, if you don't mind spoilers.
“That’s a degree secret! Go look it up on the Internet, sir!”—Willy Wonka, probably.
… 370 …
“And in all shalt thou create the Infinite Bliss and the next link of the Infinite Chain.”
“So therefore the beginning is delight, and the End is delight, and delight is in the midst”
… 397 …
Konx Om Pax only recently got added as Liber CCCXCVII Konx Om Pax to the list of technical books. Much of the contents were already other libri, but this was added, along with several others, in 2021 by the Italian edition of “Magick. Liber ABA. Libro quattro. Parti I-III” based on the Lowry TS of “Magick in Theory and Practice”.
… 400 …
“A graphic interpretation of the Tarot on the plane of initiation.”
“Analyzes the Hebrew alphabet into seven triads, each of which forms a Trinity of sympathetic ideas relating respectively to the Three Orders comprised in the A∴A∴”
… and back to 399, as of this morning. ::sad trombone::
MidJourney & DALL-E
As I’ve finished up the series from last week, I started the next ones. On Tuesday, I started posting images for Glasya-Labolas.
(25.) Glasya-Labolas.—The Twenty-fifth Spirit is Glasya-Labolas. He is a Mighty President and Earl, and showeth himself in the form of a Dog with Wings like a Gryphon. He teacheth all Arts and Sciences in an instant, and is an Author of Bloodshed and Manslaughter. He teacheth all things Past, and to Come. If desired he causeth the love both of Friends and of Foes. He can make a Man to go Invisible. And he hath under his command 36 Legions of Spirits. His Seal is this, to be, etc.
Here’s the 4up grids as previews for what’s in the series at the thread.
Then on Thursday I started posting a series for Prince of Wands. Here’s those 4up grids.
- Annihilation of Aleister Crowley, December 3, 1909 at Bou-Saada, Algeria
- December 3, 1996 — The domain hermetic.com was registered, and Hermetic Library was started!
- Lesser Feast of Evelyn Underhill, born December 6, 1875, at Wolverhampton, England
- Lesser Feast of Dion Fortune, born December 6, 1890 at Llandudno, Caernarfonshire, Wales
- Thelemic Tephilah, December 2, Nuit, Liber L., Cap. I, 51
- Thelemic Tephilah, December 3, Nuit, Liber L., Cap. I, 52-53
- Thelemic Tephilah, December 4, Nuit, Liber L., Cap. I, 54-56
- Thelemic Tephilah, December 5, Nuit, Liber L., Cap. I, 57
- Thelemic Tephilah, December 6, Nuit, Liber L., Cap. I, 58-60
- Thelemic Tephilah, December 7, Nuit, Liber L., Cap. I, 61
- Thelemic Tephilah, December 8, Nuit, Liber L., Cap. I, 62-63
- Thelemic Tephilah, December 9, Nuit, Liber L., Cap. I, 64-66
- Therefore am I called Hermes the Thrice Great, having the three parts of the philosophy of the whole world. That is finished which I have to say concerning the operation of the Sun. by John Griogair Bell
- The Dream by SD Master
Things to check out at Hermetic Library
- Updates to Magick, Music and Ritual 17 and profiles for those appearing on this one: Kevlar Nuckler, Children of Osiris, Hairs Abyss, OLD WVLF, Dustin Martian, Subliminal Stimuli, People of Pan, Mighty Joe Nolan, Brian Redfern, and Glamourie. Also I’ve updated the main Anthology page with the new releases for 2022, and I’ve bumped up the stub for MMR18 as well as created a stub for MMR19.
- I’ve done some clean up on the main Technical Libers of Thelema index. There were some markup problems that I fixed. I also did something with Liber CCCXLIII AMRITA Some Comments on the Elixir of Life but I forgot exactly. Maybe it was adding a portal image and stuff.
- I’ve added all calendar events from December in Hermeneuticon to the bot that posts to @Calendar at HRMTC I∴O∴ and updated the entry for David Cherubim in Hermeneuticon with a new image for his Greater Feast, that I added to the the bot.
- I added new downloadable formats to the Unicursal THE TRUTH IS THE UNKNOWN Propaganda page.
And on the blog
- November 2021—After a year exclusive to Patrons, who generously help make everything I do possible, I have made all curated Omnium Gatherum posts on the blog from November 2021 public. Head to the blog! Remind yourself about all the things I posted that month!
- In the middle ages the magicians who created monsters were haunted by them forever after. We are all haunted by dreams and shadows. The dreams of happiness and the shadows of disappointments.—Lydia Leavitt, Bohemian Society [Amazon, Amazon (Dodo Press), Bookshop (Dodo Press, Gutenberg, Local Library] [Blog]
- The Hermetic Library Anthology Album – Magick, Music and Ritual 17—Magick, Music and Ritual 17, the Hermetic Library Anthology Album issued for 2022, Sun in Sagittarius, An Vviii, from the Hermetic Library Anthology project is now released for immediate digital download.
- The Physiognomy—Hermetic Library Fellow T Polyphilus reviews The Physiognomy [Amazon, Bookshop, Abebooks, Local Library] by Jeffrey Ford, book 1 of the The Well-Built City Trilogy.
- Omnium Gatherum: 30nov2022—An irregular hodgepodge of links beyond the library curated together from @OmniumGatherum at Hrmtc I∴O∴ and more. Until this post becomes public in a year, to view this content on the blog, you must be a member of Hermetic Library’s Patreon. However, you can follow the raw feed (drink directly from the firehose!) by heading to @OmniumGatherum at Hrmtc I∴O∴ and participate with likes, boosts, and comments to help curate the best stuff for everyone!
- Lethe allows us oblivion of our former experience and happiness, but also of our prejudices and sorrows.—Alberto Manguel, The Library at Night [Amazon, Bookshop, Publisher, Local Library] [Blog]
- The Shape of Light—Hermetic Library Fellow T Polyphilus reviews The Shape of Light: Hayakal al-Nur [Amazon, Bookshop, Publisher, Local Library] by Shihabuddun Yahaya al-Suhrawardi, trans Tosun Bayrak al-Jerrahi al-Halveti, foreword Hadrat Abdul-Qadir al-Jilani, afterword Muhammad Sadiq Naqshbandi Erzinjani.
- Nine times I kissed my lover in her sleep … the sixth, in sweet despair—Aleister Crowley, Styx in The Court of the Profane from The Temple of the Holy Ghost. [Blog]
- Casting the Runes and Other Ghost Stories—Hermetic Library Fellow T Polyphilus reviews Casting the Runes and Other Ghost Stories [Amazon, Abebooks, Local Library] by M. R. James, ed Michael Cox, part of the Oxford World’s Classics series.
- There will be times when the struggle seems impossible. I know this already. Alone, unsure, dwarfed by the scale of the enemy. Remember this. Freedom is a pure idea. It occurs spontaneously and without instruction. Random acts of insurrection are occurring constantly … even the smallest act of insurrection pushes our lines forward. … [The] need for control is so desperate because it is so unnatural. Tyranny requires constant effort. It breaks, it leaks. Authority is brittle. Oppression is the mask of fear. … Remember this. Try.—Tony Gilroy, Andor, s01e12 [Blog]
- Summary for two weeks ending November 28, 2022 [Patreon/Public]
- Anthology news, November 29 [Bandcamp/Followers]
- New release from The Hermetic Library [Bandcamp/Public]
- Added MMR17 into general rotation on MUSIC RADIO @ HRMTC [RADIO @ HRMTC/Public]
- Magick, Music and Ritual 17 just released! [Patreon/Public]
Detail from an image taken by Orion of Earth and Moon. See Orion, Earth, and the Moon.
Archiving, Engaging and Encouraging the living Esoteric Tradition, Hermeticism, Aleister Crowley's Thelema, & much more. Open Access Occultism for over 25 years.
Become an ongoing supporter of my work as a Patron or Subscriber. This newsletter contains affiliate links to some of the things I talk about and if you click them I might make a tiny amount of money. Or, if you’ve something else in mind, get in touch!
Hermetic Library, PO Box 368, Moberly, MO 65720, USA